[TowerTalk] Dummy Load power resistors...questions!

n0tt1 at juno.com n0tt1 at juno.com
Sun Jun 28 14:43:43 EDT 2020

Hello everyone,

I recently aquired a "commercial" dummy load that I'm sure will handle
more than 2kw.
There are 12, 600-Ohm resistors in parallel that measure 50-Ohms with a
Ohmmeter.
The resistors look like frosted glass tubes with metal end caps.  They
measure 9.5" in length
and 1" diameter.  The number stamped on the ends is E9935R and their
vintage is late 60's.  A Google search for that exact number turned up
nothing.

Question:  Does anyone know the power rating of these resistors and
what type of resistor are they?

I have photos.

73,
Charlie, N0TT