[TowerTalk] Swaging tool suggestions

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Mar 18 00:20:06 EDT 2020

>> Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Consensus seems to be go with a
>> sleeve or shim. I'll give this serious consideration. It makes sense.
>> Don is there any preferred alu stock vendors in AB that you've dealt with?
>> I fear my junk pile was depleated on our last move.

You might consider using emachineshop.  I had some sleeves
made for my tower legs.  You don't need to worry about
starting with a certain tube size.  You just specify
inner and outer diameter and material (6061, etc.)
They CNC machine it from whatever size/shape material
they have on hand, could even start with a square bar.
They have free software to use to specify the object
you want in 3D:

www.emachineshop.com

Rick N6RK