[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 207, Issue 18

Lou Laderman lladerman at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 18 11:12:03 EDT 2020

Agreed on the wind loading with elements retracted. I was only referencing
interaction between antennas. With the tapes homed, the antenna is
essentially invisible to the other antennas on the tower.

Also, lowering a tower is a great way to increase wind loading. However, if
you need to get a building permit, the load is measured with the tower at
full extension by most municipalities. I've had the same discussion at
various times, and the building codes look at worst case scenarios for
safety considerations.

73

Lou, W0FK

Message: 5