[TowerTalk] Needing some advice installing a rotor in a Rohn 25G

Randy aa8r at aol.com
Wed Mar 25 15:37:44 EDT 2020

I’m in the process of putting up a Rohn 25G tower.The top section is a
25AG4 which is a flat top section and of course a thrust bearing on
top.In Michigan I had a US Tower TX-455 and a Heights tower which I sold
before moving back to Florida last year.One had the HAM IV and the other
had the T2X Tailtwister.Plenty of room in either tower for either of
these two rotors.But it’s a different story with a Rohn 25G.The only
spot where a Ham IV or T2X will fit in a Rohn 25G is an area about 2
feet below the top flat plate where there is no diagonal brace.That
would leave only about 12” of mast above the rotor before the thrust
bearing.In the past I’ve always tried to put the rotor further down into
the tower.

I have read online that some folks will cut the brace out in order to
get a Ham IV or a T2X in the middle of a section.Not sure if I like that
approach.Maybe a different rotor besides a Ham IV or a T2X.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Randy, AA8R
Punta Gorda