[TowerTalk] ez nec help

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun May 3 15:19:25 EDT 2020

On 5/3/20 12:09 PM, Dan Maguire wrote:

> You might try opening EZNEC sample model 20M5ELYA.ez.  That's a
> typical 5-element 20m beam with stepped diameter tubing.  (EZNEC uses
> "stepped diameter" for telescoping aluminum tubes because "tapered
> segments" has a different meaning.)

Excellent point - tapered means "conical section" (i.e. smoothly varying
radius), and most antennas are actually stepped.

In all the NEC engines, there's no problem connecting a "wire" with
radius X to a wire with radius Y, especially if they're in a straight
line, and the segment length isn't less than the diameter.