[TowerTalk] OWA Yagis was 40m 4el KLM - replacing linear loading with coils

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun May 3 19:50:20 EDT 2020

True, however unless you have a good way to model the hairpin, an OWA is
easier build since it will work with little if any adjusting.

John KK9A

Jeff Blaine AC0C wrote:

30m full size + 4-element 17m combo that uses a conventional hairpin
match on both bands.  The 12m is a similar hairpin matched type.  The
WARC bands are so narrow vs. the frequency that you don't run into the
issues that we have on much wider bands.

My other antennas for the conventional HF bands are OWA type. And that
is for all the reasons mentioned prior.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com