[TowerTalk] Tic Ring 1022

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue May 5 14:03:06 EDT 2020

If I understand the TIC models correctly a 1022 has a 22" ID gear
ring. I do not believe that the mast clamp is much longer than that so
I am guessing that this JK antenna will fit. Sometimes you have to
shift the antenna slightly along the boom for elements to clear the
tower or v mast clamp and then add weights to balance it. If you do
this and want to phase your antennas you should shift all of them on
the same tower.  If your TIC ring rotates 160 degrees that you need it
will also have 360 degrees of rotation unless you have something else
in the way.

GL
John KK9A

George Skoubis W7GES wrote:

I’m putting up a 2 stack of JK Mid-Tri antennas.

  I was able to purchase a 1022 Tic-Ring for the bottom antenna but
I’m waiting for the manual to be scanned and emailed to me.

   In the meantime the JK Mid-Tri has a 30 inch spacing at the boom
mount point.

   Can anyone with a 1022 tell me if a 30 inch spacing is adequate or
they needed more?

   JK called me yesterday and I want to get back to them so they can
get the antenna manufactured

   I don’t need 360 of rotation, I’m thinking an azimuth that covers
from 160-310 would be ok and anything more would be great. That would
cover Japan Europe and the Caribbean from here in AZ.

   I appreciate all the time and effort put in to the posts on this
reflector. It’s a great resource for those of us that don’t have the
experience or electronic / engineering / mechanical know how that is
shared here.

George / W7GES