[TowerTalk] Anyone have experience using Davis bury-flex as their rotor loop

Wes Attaway (N5WA) wesattaway at bellsouth.net
Mon May 18 22:56:32 EDT 2020

I can't comment on rotor loops but I can say that I have had 4x 125+ feet
runs of Bury Flex buried for almost 20-yrs and the cable looks brand new if
you pull some of it out of the ground.  I have four runs going out through
conduit in my slab and then on out into the back yard.

Each run is terminated at an ICE lightning arrestor.

Every time I dig down into the ground and look at the cable it looks brand
new.  Measurements confirm that nothing has changed as far as loss is
concerned.

I see no reason why it wouldn't be an excellent choice for rotor loops.  It
appears to be very hard to damage.

Wes Attaway (N5WA)
(318) 393-3289 - Shreveport, LA
Computer/Cellphone Forensics