[TowerTalk] US Tower 72 ft crank up grinds to a    standstill

k7lxc at aol.com k7lxc at aol.com
Wed May 27 12:45:26 EDT 2020

>  A comment on another post - it's way past time to replace a 20 year old
hoist cable!  Esp when there was no maintenance.
    Or maybe not. I WOULD replace a cable if it has 1) excessive rust, 2) damage or 3) excessive broken strands. If it's the typical crank-up (and I've worked on dozens of them) and it doesn't have one of more of those problems, I would use some PreLube on the cables and not worry about it. I've only run into 1 or 2 crank-ups that really needed cable replacing. And it's typically not an easy job as well.

Cheers,Steve    K7LXCTOWER TECH -Professional tower services for amateursI've worked on 270 different tower installations