[TowerTalk] Looking for some foundation advice

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Wed May 27 23:43:54 EDT 2020

A little googling and it appears that testing now verifies that long
free falls aren't detrimental, but inspectors may not all agree, at
least that is my somewhat aged experience.  Same for free fall pouring
into 8 feet of water.

I'm surprised that free fall pouring into 30-50 feet deep water in a
caisson is ok.  Pouring into some water at the bottom sounds more
reasonable.

So better ask your inspection dept what is ok.

I was building over the Silicon Valley "plume".   Underground water flow
with TriChlor etc contamination from electronics making in the 50' and
60's.  The engineers said "we can't dig deeper than 2 feet" or we will
trigger remediating $$$$.

Grant KZ1W