[TowerTalk] Beverage Termination video

VE6WZ_Steve ve6wz at shaw.ca
Thu May 28 10:07:42 EDT 2020

How important is it to get that Beverage termination resistor just right?
Using 4nec2 I do some modelling to show that the RDF and far field pattern of a Beverage is not greatly effected by the termination resistor value.  I talk about using the Mininec ground solution vs the Nec2 real ground solution and the effect of current taper on the far field pattern and how an unterminated Beverage will “self terminated” when long enough.
In the field I do some analyzer sweeps on a single wire to see the effect of changing the Beverage wire termination.

Spending time trying to refine that Beverage termination resistor value is probably not worth it.

Video link here: https://youtu.be/mGpjjsyOlZo <https://youtu.be/mGpjjsyOlZo>

73, de steve ve6wz