[TowerTalk] Alliance HD-73 Rotator U-Bolt

Gary gary_mayfield at hotmail.com
Sun May 31 17:29:23 EDT 2020

Greetings,

                Last summer someone in the club decided tighter is better and mangled the threads on the U-Bolt that is part of the mast clamp on the club's Alliance HD-73 rotator. It is Alliance part number X-19434-B.

An email to Norm's got a message back saying they will only sell the whole clamp assembly.

A trip to several hardware stores has not turned up anything that fits.

I am not a machinist, but my measurements say the holes it goes through are at most ¼ inch in diameter. They are 3 inches apart center to center.

I would love to find something the same original shape, but I think a standard U-Bolt shape should work.

Anyone know where to get something that works?

Thanks and 73,
Gary "Joe" kk0sd