[TowerTalk] Field telephone wire for radials

Gene Smar ersmar at verizon.net
Sun Nov 1 18:27:23 EST 2020

TT:

     I recently purchased a quantity - actually, a kilometer - of
two-conductor Army field telephone wire.  I intend to use some/much of this
wire to augment the half-dozen radial wires I now have surrounding my
shunt-fed tower for 160M.

     In your experience, would it be better to split the cable into two
conductors (it's thin wire, maybe 22 AWG) and lay each in a slit in the
grass separately, or should I keep the conductors intact, lay them as a
single radial, then solder the wires together at the ends? I have plenty of
wire to do either.

     Thanks for your advice.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F