[TowerTalk] CUSHCRAFT XM-240 bandwidth

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Thu Nov 5 13:28:03 EST 2020

Steve is right on the short stack.  I run a set of the JK402T here -
which is the Moxon-like thing JK makes - at 70 & 140'. Works pretty good
and has nice BW & good F/B compared to what you would expect from a
conventional stubby 2-element.

A pair of 2-element on 40m makes a lot of sense here in the midwest
because keeping up a full sized 40m beam given our tornado alley
location, frequent high wind and the occasional ice conditions a serious
challenge.   Plus a big beam means bigger rotor & tower are additional
and needed to hold it up and hold it in place.  It's all been up now for
3 years and has not broke yet which is great!  And I manage to catch a
bit of DX and contest luck despite not having the full sized 3-4 element
big boy running here.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com