[TowerTalk] Small mast advice

Ross Tucker rjtucke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:40:52 EST 2020

Hello everybody-
This is my first post. I'm looking for resources to help me design a couple
of simple masts to be attached to my friend's RV. The first mast is for a
pair of eggbeaters for satellite work (
https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/msq-satpack1). The other antenna is a
Diamond A502HBR 2-element Yagi (https://www.diamondantenna.net/a502hb.html)
with a light-duty Yaesu rotator. One potential difficulty is attachment
points - she is trying to avoid drilling into the RV itself, so the highest
a bracket can go is about 2' off the ground. Also, because of the rules of
the RV park, she can't lay concrete or have excessive guying. I know this
limits our options... what would all of you recommend? Maybe 1.5"-diameter
steel mast? Aluminum? Do you think we can get 15' up safely? Any/all
suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Ross, NS7F