[TowerTalk] Vertical placement?

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 12 12:01:36 EST 2020

Steve,

A roof mount also has the advantage of less coupling/blocking/absorption
by nearby structures and objects.  The challenges are the band matching
of elevated radials.  If the attic is accessible, stringing 4 inside for
each band is ++.  A 1/4" bolt is an easy to waterproof feedthru.  Guys
can be attached thru facing to avoid more roof penetrations.  Did this
many years ago for a Mosley RV4 40>10.  Downward sloping radials also
raise the feedpoint Z closer to 50 ohms.  This can be modeled.  My best
ever vertical was on a galvanized steel barn roof.

Grant KZ1W