[TowerTalk] Flat or Cone Top?

Kevin Scott Hughes kev10 at frontier.com
Fri Nov 20 16:18:10 EST 2020

I am planning to construct a tower. I have done a lot of mast and pole climbing as an electrician and sailor. I know I want a strong free standing non-hinged tower. What are all of your ideas on comparing a flat top tower vs a cone top tower? I would think a flat top would be easier to work on and hang from? I have heard flat tops are best with mast bearings? I want to use good bearings for longevity of the rotor, etc. I plan to use high end parts, etc. What are your thoughts? Thanks, Kevin Scott Hughes, the songwriting HAM, K7KSH