[TowerTalk] Cut off extra 7 ft of mast or leave it?

Les Kalmus w2lk at bk-lk.com
Mon Nov 23 14:12:11 EST 2020

I did that on an 89 foot and on a 72 foot crankup. The 89 footer was
loaded with antennas and I never had a problem. The mast was chrome moly
and really heavy but also very strong. You need to tilt it over
expeditiously so as to reduce the duration of the stress on the cable
and support it when it's horizontal.

73,

Les W2LK