[TowerTalk] Yaesu rotor cable

cqtestk4xs at aol.com cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Wed Nov 25 16:58:39 EST 2020

Received the first pf the Yaesu rotators today and of course they come with 130 feet of cable which is , I think 6 wires with 18AWG  My problem is that I have much longer runs to the proposed tower location.  The longest is about 330 feet to the top of the tower, with several others ranging from230 to around 300 feet.  The instructions say nothing anout using larger guage wires for longer runs and recommend 18 guage fpor longer runs.
This is not consistent with what I experienced with the Tailtwisters which recommended heavier guage for longer runs.  Bottom line:  Has anyone run longer lengths of rotor cable to the Yaesu 2800s.  If so, what gauge did you use?  I don't want to over spec this thinig but I don't want to undersize it either.
Ideas?
Bill K4XS