[TowerTalk] Yaesu rotor cable

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Nov 25 19:06:45 EST 2020

On 11/25/2020 2:43 PM, chuck.gooden wrote:
> #10, #12, and #14 wire  used for electrical wiring in homes found at you local hardware store is readily available and is quite cheap.  The gauge should be more than enough for the current requirements.  Standard Roman cable would also be an option too.

Yes. The conductors that need the beef are those that run the motor (as
opposed to those that connect to a pot that senses position). I also
have a long run, and used Romex from the shack to the bottom of the
tower, then a nice #18 going up the tower. It's been there ten years
with no issues, but doesn't get much direct sunlight.

73, Jim K9YC