[TowerTalk] Run all in same trench?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 15 16:45:53 EDT 2020

On 10/15/20 12:48 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
> On 10/15/2020 12:07 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:
>> I want to run a conduit for coax and control/ low voltage, separate
>> conduit for 220 VAC, and a PEX line for water.Can I put it all in one
>> trench?
>
> Yes. And it's always good practice to oversize conduits and add a pull
> line to allow for pulling additional cables later on.

No kidding, going from 3/4" to 1.5 or 2" is a tiny cost in PVC conduit.
You'll thank yourself later, if only because the sweep ells at the ends
are larger radius.

If you're doing a really long run, or have a lot of bends, consider
putting generous pull boxes along the way.  It's a lot easier to pull
through 100 ft of conduit than 300.