[TowerTalk] Adventures in PL259 land (WAS Coaxial Seal Removal)

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Fri Oct 16 07:53:23 EDT 2020

As is often the case the folks in Asia have confused inches with cm and
mm...8^(...caveat emptor..Those pliers only weigh 7ounces, but if they
are 83 inches long maybe they weigh 7lbs or 7kg ? At least it says they
are made in Japan and not China !

I recently bought some SO239 panel mount connectors, they were
beautiful, only problem was they had a metric thread rather than the
INTERNATIONAL STANDARD 5/8" 24tpi. They would work ok with a PL259 but
apparently the adapters ( T, L Barrels etc) are made to� a tighter
tolerance than the PL259 and the threads on adapters would seize before
the connect6or was fully bottom out. Luckily I had a 5/8 24TPI tap-die
and was able to re-chase the threads

Dave
NR1DX