[TowerTalk] IDing in-line coax splice

charlie carroll k1xx at k1xx.com
Fri Oct 16 20:04:35 EDT 2020

I opened a mystery box from the attic a few weeks ago and found a pair
of in-line coax splices that I'd like to identify.  Though I've reached
out to a few folks, so far I've struck out.

The only identifier on the splice says *>-T-R-U-> 3199.* The splice
overall is about 4-1/2" long and 1-3/8" in diameter. However, the coax
shield diameter is 3/4", which sort of indicates 75-ohm cable; the coax
center conductor would need to be close to 0.113"  The only other thing
is these are quality connectors. They're heavy, probably brass, and also
silver plated.

I'll never use them and want to find a home with someone that has a real
need.

thanks

73 charlie, k1xx