[TowerTalk] Greyline Performance comments on QRZ

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 19 13:00:46 EDT 2020

I looked on eHam reviews, and saw someone, using an autotuner at the
antennas happily report that the SWR was essentially 1:1 on every band.
My though was"I should hope so; otherwise, your autotuner isn't working
well." But I don't think Greyline Antennas claim a perfect match on
every band *without* a tuner at (or very near) the feedpoint.

Regardless, the basic idea isn't necessarily bad. If executed well, with
all the needed stuff, it should work just like a, well, vertical dipole.
Maybe better than things like antennas in the attic, or random wires
around privacy fences, or loading up rain gutters.

Kim N5OP

--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP
SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"A great second violinist plays second fiddle to no one." //– Robert C.
Marsh, Chicago Sun-Times./