[TowerTalk] Vertical dipole other choices?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Oct 20 16:42:41 EDT 2020

On 10/20/2020 1:21 PM, jimlux wrote:
> A lot of these antennas are an electrically short dipole. so they don't
> require the height. From a gain standpoint, an infinitesimally small
> dipole is 1.5 dBi and a full size dipole is 2.5 dBi (mostly from the
> broader lobe for the short antenna).
>

> What might be interesting is modeling, say, a 25 foot dipole with the
> center 13-14 feet off the ground.

N6BT has built and sold a LOT of designs like that. Photos of at least
one of them in the work I published online 4-5 years ago answering the
question, "If Can Put My HF Vertical On My Roof, Should I?"

Slides for the Pacificon talk:  k9yc.com/VerticalHeight.pdf
Text version for Nat'l Contest Journal: k9yc.com/AntennaPlanning.pdf

73, Jim K9YC