[TowerTalk] 40 meter Yagis

Ignacy Misztal no9e at arrl.net
Wed Oct 21 21:57:15 EDT 2020

I have JK Mid Tri 40 at 100'. I adjusted it at the 5 ft  level for
resonance as in the manual (200 KHz down), and the resonance turned too low
at 7.020. SWR is about 2:1 at 7.1 and 3:1 on 7.2. But I am working DX on
40m SSB that I have not heard of on dipoles, and I can keep a frequency
around 7.2 when contesting.

I was excited by Jk's Moxon because of low SWR across all of 40m but low
SWR maybe it's only virtue. A minus of 2 el beams is that they lose gain
and F/B with frequency. Based on Cebik's simulation, Moxon does the same.

Ignacy, NO9E