[TowerTalk] Low Cost 20 Foot Mast

Tony 73guddx at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 16:06:31 EDT 2020

All:

I'm looking for a low-cost 20 foot mast that can handle a modest 2 meter
EME setup. The mast will be cemented in place and attached to the side
of a 9 foot tall shed for support. I can't anchor guy wires to the
ground, but I can run a couple to the shed.

The challenge is home brewing something that can handle the weight of
the azimuth and elevation rotors mounted at the top so the mast.

I thought of threaded galvanized pipe sections, but they are a bit
pricey. Also thought of 2 inch schedule 40 PVC with some kind of
internal support to make it more rigid.

Any suggestions?

Tony