[TowerTalk] Low Cost 20 Foot Mast

David Gilbert ab7echo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 18:00:31 EDT 2020

PVC is a really, really bad idea.  PVC can "cold flow" over time and
there is very little chance it will hold much weight very long no matter
what you do to support it.

I agree with Jim Lux ... 4 inch irrigation tubing is lightweight and
pretty strong, and Rain-for-Rent is a national chain that often has used
stuff for sale.   The biggest issue would be how to securely mount your
rotators to it since the wall is pretty thin.

Best bet, though, is probably a couple of narrow tower sections ... like
six inch or eight inch cross section.  Ask around and I'd bet somebody
has some they'd be willing to part with.  Or even look for somebody who
had a similar tower for a TV antenna but no longer uses it.

73,
Dave  AB7E