[TowerTalk] Looking for a light coaxial

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Sep 12 00:17:52 EDT 2020

On 9/11/2020 5:50 PM, Artek Manuals wrote:
> Rather than have the coax hang down from the driven element have it go
> back along the rope boom to the same tree that supports one end of the
> rope boom then have it drop down along the tree. this way I suspect you
> will support much less coax weight and the tree will do more of the work
> so to speak. Then your are safe with RG213.

Mechanically that's a good solution, but very effective choking will be
needed to prevent it from being a parasitic element. Definitely start
with a serious choke at the feedpoint, then another along the line
placed so that the length between the two chokes can't become a
parasitic element. Build the model, and study currents on the feedline.
They should be much smaller than currents on the elements, and you
should not see any skewing of the pattern.

73, Jim K9YC