[TowerTalk] EFHW Core

Wilson Lamb infomet at embarqmail.com
Tue Sep 22 14:06:14 EDT 2020

It's incredible how much trouble we'll go to to "make something work" while avoiding the simple.
Yes, I can see the charm, if you must have coax to get out of the house to the antenna.
I've used end feds of many lengths, with good results, for about 65 years and never heard of an EFHW until a couple years ago.
T and L networks are fine, even parallel LC tuners.
An OCFD with balanced tuner is better than something with a complicated, lossy, xfmr!
Giving it a catchy name, like EFHW seems to make people want one!
I think it's actually a center fed full wave, with the wire working against the coax shield.
WL (Sometime Grinch)