[TowerTalk] Temporary 30-40ft Rohn 55G

AB2E Darrell ab2e at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 22 14:18:17 EDT 2020

Hi Mike,
You could use the recommended Rohn pier pin, but it is kind of pricey at $219.
You really just want some lateral stability.
Alternately, augur a hole 4 or 5ft deep and just set a section of 55g in there, level it vertically.
I would probably fill the hole with cement around the 55g but if you're guying it, and it's so short, probably not needed.

I'm purchasing a 130ft Rohn 55 tower, which will have 3 sets of guys.
I plan on burying 5ft or so of the bottom section like I mentioned above. I'll be pouring some concrete though too.

73 Darrell AB2E