[TowerTalk] Tips for Modelling swaged antenna tubing sections

Mark - N5OT r-emails at n5ot.com
Tue Sep 29 13:00:13 EDT 2020

Back when I would model stuff all the time (K6STI's YO) I just put in
the swaged parts as separate segments that were the correct diameter and
length as the swaged parts. That does not really compensate for the tiny
bit of transition from larger to smaller, but my segments were chosen
arbitrarily to be halfway through that tiny bit of transition (i.e. the
combined lengths added up to the actual phisical length of the HyGain
part I was modeling.  I figured no matter how inaccurate my method was,
it was still better than ignoring the swaged part altogether.

73 - Mark N5OT