[TowerTalk] Need advice climbing small tower

Don Rasmussen wb8yqj at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 15:03:26 EDT 2021

The tower is a Universal 4-30

https://9eb0620e-668c-42b3-976b-ab2c46b32be7.filesusr.com/ugd/376c20_8bc492f5edcc4ffe8e6fcba94e3aca7a.pdf

https://www.texastowers.com/4-30.htm

Problem is the tower narrows from 13 inches at the bottom to 10 inches at the top section.

At 10 inches feet feel like they are duct taped together and not much width at the top tower section either to stabilize laterally. With the diagonal cross bars there is no room for feet except sharing the same horizontal cross bar.

Appreciate all the comments so we can hash this out and get er done (without breaking my neck).

de Wb8yqj Don

On Sunday, April 11, 2021, 11:34:06 AM PDT, Richard (Rick) Karlquist <richard at karlquist.com> wrote:

On 4/11/2021 11:08 AM, Michael Murphy wrote:
> Looks like Rohn 20.  You can always put one foot on one side of the
> triangle and one on another.  That would give you a little more room.
>
> - Mike - KI8R

The original post said it was aluminum.  That rules out Rohn.

Rick N6RK