[TowerTalk] Long span lanyard for wire antenna

Jon Zaimes jz73 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 21 06:25:13 EDT 2021

John,

I use 3/16" double braided polyester to support the four T-shaped parasitic
elements in my 160m K3LR array. The longest span is about 250 feet, plus 100
feet+ running to the ground so these can be lowered easily.

Most of the ropes were purchased about 22 years ago from the bargain bin at
BoatUS/West Marine. They had slight imperfections.

The antenna wires are no. 12 insulated stranded THHN. I've had a couple of
wire breaks over the years but none in the ropes.

73/Jon

Jon P. Zaimes, AA1K
Tower climber for hire
http://www.aa1k.us/
Cell: 302-632-2353

Reviews of AA1K tower work on eham website:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/12922

Hug your favorite tower every day, and always stay connected to it.