[TowerTalk] Yaesu 2800DXA

Steve Jones n6sj at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 21 23:03:55 EDT 2021

Wayne,
Years ago I had an AC powered rotor 800 feet from the shack.  The voltage drop was too much over that long run of wire and the motor wouldn’t turn.  I added a 5 VAC filament transformer (or was it 12 volts?) in series with the motor lead leaving the shack to boost the voltage.  It solved the voltage drop problem.
Is there a way to boost the DC voltage at the RT21?  Copper's not cheap.
73,
Steve
N6SJ