[TowerTalk] Long span lanyard for wire antenna

David Aslin G3WGN david at aslinvc.com
Thu Apr 22 13:15:58 EDT 2021

Jim,
I've been using Mastrant rope of various grades for many years.  It's tough stuff - I've often run Mastrant-P through tree branches with no pulley for temporary situations and it's quite resistant to abrasion.  My wire dipoles are all supported with it here; and I use the same Mastrant-P for guying masts like Spiderbeam poles or aluminium push-up masts.  We use it extensively on our 6Gs DXpeditions.  I'm still using 3mm and 4mm diameter Mastrant that I bought in the 1990s that has seen more than its share of abuse and bad weather.  The D-F3 grade is also a great alternative to Dyneema ropes for heavier duty guying applications.
No connection with the company.  OL5Y runs it and is very helpful on guying matters.
73, David G3WGN M6O