[TowerTalk] feedpoint capacitors

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Mon Apr 26 13:33:48 EDT 2021

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 15:37:41 -0700
From: "John Keating" <john.keating at sbcglobal.net>
To: <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] feedpoint capacitors

<The wire dipole is a coil loaded inverted vee. I added the L-C match because
<I wanted to operate it off "native" resonance.

<John
<AI6LY

##  use a helical hairpin at the feedpoint.   Then compress or expand the  coil for flat swr.   like  3-5  turns of  12 ga  wire such that the coil is aprx  3” diam  x 2-4 inches long.

##  since it’s a loaded ant, BW   is narrow.  A  simple DPST relay can be used to shunt out a small
coil or loop in each leg..at the feedpoint.

##  CM choke goes to feedpoint... coax to stn.

Jim   VE7RF