[TowerTalk] Terminate unused ports on remote antenna switch?

KD7JYK DM09 kd7jyk at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 10 19:40:15 EDT 2021

> For my situation, I am planning to install 1 kw dummy loads to the unused
> ports and see what happens. I was hoping that someone would provide some
> realistic input to this situation. And, of course, you are welcome come
> here and lend a hand....
>
> I'm open for some real suggestions.

Your idea of dummy loads is very good.  If something stupid happens, you
have some protection.  I've used loads on unused ports of various
devices since the mid-90's, and on very rare occasion, have mistakenly
switched to an unused port while transmitting.  Aside from noting not
what I expected happening (not hearing anything/nobody hearing me),
there have been no other issues when doing this.

Personally, I recommend terminating the ports with a load that can
handle full power.  Far better to be safe, than sorry!

Kurt