[TowerTalk] Rotator Question - Repair or Replace

Keith Dutson kdutson at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 25 21:58:52 EDT 2021

I have a Yaesu G-1000 rotator.  It was installed on my 150 foot tower in 1999 to turn a Force12 C-4XL.  Over the years the antenna has sustained a lot of damage from three hurricanes and several lightning strikes.  My tower climber took it down and also removed the rotator, which stopped working some time ago.  I took the rotator apart and discovered that all of the bearings are rusted.  I assume they are ruined.
Would it be advisable to find someone to repair the unit, or just purchase a replacement?
73, Keith NM5G