[TowerTalk] Questions on Low band receiving antennas in forests and wetlands along ridgelines and ravines.

sawyered at earthlink.net sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 9 12:00:33 EST 2021

Actually. The K9AY with preamp is a compromise antenna which is a wonderful solution where a full sized beverage or receiving array cannot be installed.  But it is not comparable in performance with a 900 ft terminated beverage.  Feel free to ask K9AY himself if you doubt that.  No strike to the K9AY where it is the solution that fits.

Ed  N1UR