[TowerTalk] Tri Ex HM354 Winch Repair/Replacement

Robie Elms ruler55 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:52:14 EST 2021

I'm working on one of these old towers and there was a problem with the
winch that extends and retracts the tower.  I believe it is 40 to 1 worm
gear drive.  This winch has a long drum and mounts on the side of the
tower.The winch has this identification:

W300 401A S35 7 Q G

 I disassembled it and there is a lot of corrosion due to water getting
inside.  I have not been able to identify the bearings.

Has anyone else rebuilt one of these winches and can assist me with bearing
identification?

Has anyone identified a replacement winch?

Robie AJ4F