[TowerTalk] FW: [tdxs-list] Tri Ex HM354 Winch Repair/Replacement

maflukey at gmail.com maflukey at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 02:03:49 EST 2021

That would be a Hub City single reduction worm drive gear drive model series W300 in 40:1 gear ratio configuration “A” …

Older units will use axial and radial needle bearings on the main shaft and radial needle bearings on the input shaft.  Newer units will use tapered roller bearings on the main shaft.   You should be able to get replacement bearings “off the shelf” for either from any decent bearing supply house.   Replacement seals can be more challenging…   for an older unit I acquired in poor condition I found these seals that will work:

TCM #06081 VM-BX (input shaft seal)

TCM #20231 SM-H-BX (output shaft seals – 2 required

I have not had to replace the seals on my newer unit (yet) so can’t help you out there…

Without restarting the “great gear oil debate” again, the manufacturer’s recommended lubricant is ISO 460 gear oil.   I have used SAE 85W140 and also SAE90 without having any issues.

73

Matt

KM5VI