[TowerTalk] 160M Antenna puzzlement

Wes wes_n7ws at triconet.org
Sun Dec 19 11:55:03 EST 2021

Another thought. I'm a little short of space between the vertical part of my L
and the tower which supports the far end of the loading wire.  So I feature it;
the feedpoint is capacitive and below 50 ohm.  I shunt the feedpoint with an
inductor which together with the capacitance forms a step-up L-network.  Results
in a good match and a built in static bleed, at the expense of a bit of
bandwidth reduction.

Wes  N7WS