[TowerTalk] PL-259 - reuse or replace

Les Kalmus w2lk at bk-lk.com
Sun Feb 14 21:07:00 EST 2021

I would replace it. They don't cost much and there's no point playing
around with a PL-259 that has already arced over. It will do it again
regardless of how well you think you have cleaned/restored it. Replace
the barrel too to be on the safe side.

Always use the highest quality connectors you can afford because you
don't want to save a small amount on a point of failure that will stop
you from operating all that expensive gear and which will prevent you
from doing what you set up your station to do in the first place, like
contest.

Les W2LK