[TowerTalk] ALIGNING ANTENNA

Dale M. Schwartz dale at immlawfirm.com
Fri Jan 1 12:22:19 EST 2021

I just replaced my rotor (with a HAM-IV) on the bottom of my US Tower 55’ flagpole with a SteppIR on top. The old rotor was off the tower for a few weeks and I suspect the wind blew the beam a little.
    Now my bearings are about 30-40 degrees off. So when my controller says I am pointed due North, the beam is actually pointed NNW.
    I know we could lower the tower and repoint the beam. But I’m looking for suggestions on how to reorient the antenna from the ground.
     Any thoughts would be appreciated.
     HAPPY NEW YEAR!
                 Dale/K4ROZ