[TowerTalk] Birds and towers

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Sun Jan 24 15:37:40 EST 2021

Plastic snakes and phony owls are soon gotten used to and become
ineffective.

Ultrasonics with sufficient intensity firing off in a pseudo random
pattern works well and is difficult for the birds to get used to.  Use
quality outdoor rated transducers (speakers) located low near the base
with the transducers aimed up.  A product called "Tangle foot" IIRC
sometimes works depending on species.  IT is a product you "paint" onto
the places the birds perch.  When they step on it it almost glues their
feet to the perch which frightens them away.

Google on "tanglefoot bird repellent" to see various bird control
products.

Patrick  NJ5G