[TowerTalk] Joining two perpendicular wires

Larry K4AB larry.k4ab at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 10:56:37 EDT 2021

This is exactly what I did years ago.

If you read N4KG's original article, he mentioned a local that used that
antenna on a
tower with stacked TH-6s.  That was me.

I attached each radial to the tower via a typical dipole end insulator
using Dacron
rope on the tower side.

Each radial was soldered to a bus wire which was then soldered to the coax
center
conductor.

The merits of this antenna was debated years ago.  It's certainly a
compromise
antenna but might be the best antenna N2IC could use in his situation.

I've long since switched to a more conventional 160 meter transmit antenna
using
a shunt fed tower with a ton of long radials in the ground.

73,
Larry K4AB