[TowerTalk] New tool - toroidal ferrite core inductor calculator

David Hachadorian k6ll.dave at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 16:34:02 EDT 2021

It's quite interesting working with the choke calculator, but I notice
that the Rs values differ significantly from K9YC's Choke Cookbook.  For
example, with a Fair-Rite 2.4" #31 toroid, on 28.4 MHz, the calculator
predicts that 10 turns of RG-400 has Rs=0.8K, and the cookbook shows 4.4K.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Big Bear Lake, CA

On 7/10/2021 3:56 PM, Dan Maguire wrote:
> Version 2.0 of the Toroidal Ferrite Core Inductor calculator is now
> available.  Details with illustrations and a link to download are
> available here:
>
> https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/new-tool-toroidal-ferrite-core-inductor-calculator.768222/page-7#post-5907206
>
> Dan, AC6LA

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL