[TowerTalk] Loos Gauge for Philly

John Keating john.keating at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 13 12:33:38 EDT 2021

Bill - as noted in this string, nowhere (at least nowhere obvious) in Philly
documentation is there a requirement for EHS tails. I didn't have them on my
small tower. When I upgraded the installation I replaced Philly with
Mastrant guy ropes, and the homebrew gauge was useful there as well.

John
AI6LY

On 13 Jul 2021 Bill K4XS/V31XX wrote:

>I appreciate the creativity on building your own tension testing device,
but why reinvent the wheel.? Philly should be installed with a tail of >EHS
maybe 15 feet or so at ground level.? That is quite sufficient to use a Loos
gauge.? I've been doing that for years.