[TowerTalk] Phillystran Tension Gage

n0tt1 at juno.com n0tt1 at juno.com
Tue Jul 13 17:21:49 EDT 2021

It matters....

The Loos measures the amount of deflection on whatever cable is
being tested.  If the cable isn't the size that the Loos isn't calibrated
for then the reading isn't going to be correct because the deflection
will be different.

So, what to do?  You can calibrate the Loos with your own cable
with known weights and noting the readings.  Make yourself a
calibration chart.

You can also make your own gauge based upon the deflection principle.

73,
Charlie, N0TT